The St.Helens Business Location Service is here to provide all the advice, support, and data required to inform and assist any potential company relocation to or within the Borough. More specifically, we offer:
- Details of Sites & Premises: By liaising with agents and developers to constantly review and refresh our commercial property listings, we are able to send you up-to-date listings of all available sites & premises, and keep you posted about future developments.
- Advice about Available Financial Assistance: We can provide information, advice, and support with the application process concerning the full range of financial support packages that companies locating to St.Helens may be eligible for.
- Info on Local Costs & Benefits: We can supply facts and figures about the costs and benefits of setting up and operating your company in St.Helens, from generic information about average rent and labour costs, to bespoke information tailored to your individual company’s needs.
- A Dedicated Aftercare Service: Our aim is not just to attract new relocations, but also to help previous inward investors and existing large companies to remain and grow. The Aftercare Service we provide in conjunction with The Mersey Partnership, is delivered via a dedicated locally based Manager . His job is to help at both a strategic and project-based level to ensure the smooth running of your operation, as well as maximise any opportunities to expand.
- Access to other Council Departments & CConontacts: We work closely with other Departments within St.Helens Council, most notably Planning, Estates, and Highways. If we can’t immediately answer a question or resolve an issue that you may have, we’ll know someone who can, and will follow it up on your behalf to save you time and effort.
- Links to Key Partners: We also work very closely with a host of other partner bodies that may be able to benefit your business, including St.Helens Chamber, The Mersey Partnership, the Northwest Development Agency, Universities, and other organisations specialising in supporting specific sectors.
- Assistance with Recruitment, Training & Skills: Our excellent links and contacts can help with these crucial elements of your business location or expansion.
- Marketing Support: We not only promote “St.Helens plc” as a whole but can also help enhance the profile of individual companies and successes.
- General information & advice on any aspect of living, working & investing in St.Helens: We can readily supply any other pertinent info about St.Helens you may want or need when deciding whether to relocate your business here, e.g. from schools and house prices, to our culture, entertainment, sporting and leisure offer.
For more information on business support in the region, please refer to the latest Support for Northwest Business document from the North West Development Agency (NWDA), outlining the business support offer provided by the Agency and partners in the region.
- Business Funding Guide